Saturday, August 8, 2015

Love Notions {Pemberley Tunic & Dress} A Review

Ladies size small, 3/4 length sleeves, average bust, cotton/lycra fabric (95/5)

I love me some selfish sewing! Being able to make something for me, that fits me. Nothing beats that.

Recently I was involved in the testing of another Love Notions pattern, the Pemberley Tunic. At first I wasn't so sure on the style. I was worried that it would make my lower half larger and I am already self conscious about that aspect of me as it is. Thankfully I was pleasantly surprised with how it actually flattered my figure rather then accentuate. I think the curved hem helps with that!

The Elastic is also free under the bust so you can move the gathers to where it is more flattering on your figure. I found moving them to the front and back and keeping the sides smooth really slimmed my waist down.

Once again, Tami is definitely the queen of options when it comes to her patterns! This pattern started out exclusively as a tunic, with 3 different sleeve lengths.. and due to tester feedback (she really listens to us!) this is what we have ended up with

4 Sleeve options
- Short
- 3/4
- long
- Bishop

2 Different top lengths
- Tunic
- Dress

2 Bodice options
- Average Bust
- Full Bust

Other options
- Tabs for the sleeves
- Maternity add on

And following on from other patterns, we also trimless patterns, a4 and letter guidelines, and layers with hyperlinks in the tutorial.

The pattern is really easy to follow, Tami's instructions are very easy to follow and you end up with a beautiful garment that is just for you.

It is definitely suited to drappy fabrics, but I used a cotton/lycra blend (art gallery fabric.. swooon) and it still turned out beautiful <3

Highly recommend this pattern, it will make a great addition to your wardrobe for any season! and any occasion.







No comments:

Post a Comment