Thursday, July 30, 2015

Sofliantjes {Amare To and Dress} A review

size 4 dress, with sash option
Its no secret that I am more of a sewer of knits.. I love the quickness of sewing with knits. Woven takes time, and I am a bit of a perfectionist sometimes (not that it always shows :P) so it takes a little longer, and well when you have 4 kids.. sometimes its the quick and dirty sew you need.

When I do sew something with woven, I need a pattern that is easy to follow, and produces a beautiful result, and Sofliantjes is definitely one of my go to designers.

I was involved in testing the Amare Dress and Top. I loooooooove the finished product. It is super cute, classy and modest.. and what little girl would not look gorgeous in this?

You have the option of a top or a knee length dress, you can have a bow, or a sash.. or as some testers did a bow and a sash! The options with colour blocking this one is what makes it! I'm adding this pattern to the Christmas photo options for my girls this year.

It also has a great size range 12 months to 12 years, but isn't recommended for those with a developing chest and is an advanced beginner to intermediate pattern. It has a few tricky parts but honestly, if I can do it you can do it!

There is no pattern piece for the skirt portion of the dress and top, only the bodice so it helps save on ink as well. You also have the options of using Buttons or snaps on the back closure... I used snaps, because well.. button holes are not my most favourite thing to do.

If you haven't tried any Sofliantjes patterns you really should, and for its release the pattern is on sale for $5USD at the Sofliantjes website. It really is a beautiful design and I can't wait to make more of them.







No comments:

Post a Comment